Hello SPV Family,
So I sat down today to type up the weekly email & came across the following post from my (virtual) friend Rob Grayson from the U.K. & was really blessed by it & thought maybe you guys might be as well. I also feel like this captures the heart of our theology at the SPV so take a few minutes to read it over & even meditate on it:
"God is like Jesus. If you want to know what God is like, look at Jesus. Let's see how many ways we can say it:
- Jesus is what God has to say.
- Jesus is the Word of God.
- Jesus is the Logos of God.
- Jesus is the one who, if you've seen him, you've seen the Father.
- Jesus is God fully revealed, for all to see.
- Jesus is God's self-expression.
- Jesus is the one in whom all the fullness of the Godhead dwells.
- Jesus is the express image of the Father's person.
- Jesus corrects our misunderstandings about God.
- Jesus is God enfleshed.
- Jesus is the full revelation of the Father's heart.
- Jesus on the cross is the glory and the love of God.
Shout it from the rooftops: Jesus is perfect theology!" (Rob Grayson)
Much love to you all,