Hello SPV Family!
This weeks e-mail will attempt to bring you up-to-date on some things going on at the church, especially for those of you who have been out of town or missed the All-Church meeting Sunday.
1) We have a cool new logo and our website has a fresh new look. Stop in at SPV.org and take a look. Ashley Haywood presented at the All Church meeting, showing us how the new logo conforms to the Vineyard USA new branding style guide while remaining St Pete unique.
2) Brian Henderlong and Amy Coyle presented on our priority project; the overhaul of the courtyard area for Kid City. This project will address several safety issues and include a desperately needed shade structure and new playground equipment. We were given a very generous donation to cover the majority of this but really hope the rest of us can generously support this and get us all the way there. Any amount is greatly appreciated, please make sure it is clearly designated towards "Kids" and please, please, please, don't divert your general fund giving as that is far more harmful than helpful to our overall ministry.
3) Cheri Scarbough shared about the great works of our outreach team and let us know that their funds are getting low. Contributions can be made using text to give keyword PBJ or by noting PBJ on your check.
4) Cassie Featherston reported on our current financial situation. Mid-year giving statements have been mailed and we would love for your family to review you statement and prayerfully plan your giving for the rest of the year.
5) Sunday we announced that Josh (& Kelly) Albrecht is stepping down from his youth and worship ministry positions at the end of the month. We will be having a cake reception this Sunday after church to celebrate them so please join us and feel free to bring a card &/or note of encouragement if you'd like.
6) Immediately following that announcement we made it know that CJ Pugh and Kelly Nunn have already been interviewed and hired for the Youth and Worship Pastor positions respectively. We are thrilled to have them as a part of the SPV team so please welcome them the first chance you get!
That should be enough for now, have a great week and I hope to see you Sunday for worship and the cake reception afterward.